Monday, May 7, 2012

Director of PR: One Year Later

It's been almost one year to the day since I became PRowl's Director of PR. As the Director of PR I was responsible for monitoring and managing PRowl's Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and, most importantly, this very blog.

When I first became the Director of PR, I was afraid. I was just finishing my freshman year here at Temple and felt like a little fish in a big sea of senior PRowl staff members. I worried that I wouldn't be able to do a good job managing the blog and that it would end up going downhill. Fortunately, that didn't happen. In fact, this year we were named #17 of the top 50 blogs for PR students

I didn't expect that in just one year of being Director of PR that I would learn so much. Part of my responsibilities included revising and scheduling two guest blog posts from staff members every weekend. The challenge was making sure that the blog posts stayed true to PRowl's mission statement and goals, while reflecting the voice and testament of the staff. This, in combination with blogging on a weekly basis, has made me into a better writer and editor, something that has only helped me in the PR world. 

It's been a long year of learning with PRowl PR, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. It's because of being Director of PR that I can honestly say that I feel prepared to move on not only as an Assistant Firm Director, but also as a PR student. 

So thanks everyone for a great year as PRowl's Director of Public Relations, and good luck to the new Director of PR, Amber Burns! :)


No comments: