Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jobs in China

America's unemployment rate has been dominating news outlets and conversations for quite some time. That's why I was so surprised to read this article today in the New York Times. I learned that China is a great place for recent grads to look for jobs, because of its growing economy, opportunity for quick advancement and lower cost of living. "I've seen a surge of young people coming to work in China over the last few years," said Jack Perkowski, the founder of Asimco Technologies.

The article goes on to interview some Americans that have made the move to China, and how their life has changed. There was even a mention of a Yale graduate working for Hill & Knowlton, a public relations company!

This got me thinking a lot about post graduation plans. Would I be brave enough to move across the world to look for a job and experience a completely new culture? Would you?

No comments: