Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where will Summer Lead our PRowl Public Relations Members?: Jade Barnes

Pretty much anyone who knows me knows that I love music. I listen to endless amounts of songs, go to concerts, and wouldn't be here right now if my mom hadn't met my dad when he was a DJ at a local radio station in Florida (she wanted Sting tickets, but instead got a husband).

I grew up in South Jersey, and the kids in my town constantly went to shows in Philadelphia. The Electric Factory, the First Unitarian Church, the TLA and even the Trocadero were all venues that my older brother and his friends went to. Finally, my senior year of high school, I also started attending the trips to Philadelphia and it was amazing.

In March, I decided to send in my resume to the Trocadero for an internship that focused on Special Events and Production. I was ecstatic when I received an email asking when I could meet for an interview and I was jumping for joy when I landed the internship for the summer!

I recently started interning and it has been a great experience so far. On my first day, after getting a tour of the venue, I got to place set lists back stage and do hospitality for the bands. I have also begun to learn HTML to create bulletins for the Troc's Facebook and Myspace pages. I have also worked on contacting the Street Team to find people to flier at concerts in the Greater Philadelphia Area and have been looking up concerts for the month of May.

I'm still in the early stages of interning, but I absolutely love it. I look forward to blogging about my experiences this summer, live from the Troc!

This guest blog was written by PRowl Public Relations firm staff member, Jade Barnes. Follow her on Twitter: @jadebarnes.

No comments: