Monday, May 11, 2009

My Goodbye- For Now

I can't believe the time has come for me to write my very last blog post as PRowl Public Relations' Director of Public Relations.

I've been with the firm since the very beginning, and I've loved watching it grow both in credibility and membership. When I joined the firm, I had just switched my major to public relations and couldn't even tell you what a press release was, let alone how to write one. Thanks to Natalie, our past firm director and Jaime, our current firm director, I learned not only how to write a press release, but also how to successfully participate in brainstorming sessions, write a PR plan, present to a client, and manage an account team.

Through my position as Director of Public Relations, I ventured on a social media journey of my own, and learned so much that this semester, I was able to teach our firm members about social media. Because of my experiences in PRowl Public Relations, I now know how to create and maintain a successful blog and use Twitter to network with PR people all over the world. I've found other amazing PR blogs to read and now know more about the industry than I ever could have imagined, and certainly more than what I could have learned solely in class.

As I've mentioned before, I'm leaving the firm to be the president of Temple University's PRSSA chapter. I look forward to the challenges that await me in this new position.

I know that my replacement Emily Woodward will nurture this blog as much as I did, and I know that she will succeed in this position.

Hopefully this won't be the last you hear from me as I plan on starting my own blog next fall. I also hope that Emily will let me guest blog from time to time on this very blog that launched my love for all things social media.

Best of luck to all the members of PRowl Public Relations! I can't wait to see the amazing things you do next year.

No comments: