Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Think Irony


Waste Management is, according to them, “the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America.” Basically, they are a huge company that own tons of big landfills throughout the nation. See a green dumpster? I bet you see “WM” on the front of it. When I think of this company I think “waste,” not “preserve” - hence why I was confused when I came upon a Waste Management advertisement while searching for Adele lyrics on the web. Why was I puzzled? The two words “Think Green” at the top.

Ready to laugh at them, I clicked on – which makes me already think they did their job, because how often do you click on those annoying ads let alone give them a second of your attention. Was the overwhelming irony a tactic? Have no idea how a company that buries waste into our natural earth can “think green?” Click Here!

Although I may have been skeptical, I spent 20 minutes on their site browsing their “Think Green” campaign.

Congratulations Waste Management, mission accomplished.

No comments: