Monday, July 21, 2008

Late-Night Line Up

As an avid watcher of the Tonight Show, I was disappointed to hear that Conan O'Brien will replace Jay Leno next year. I do enjoy O'Brien's performance, but I am used to the easy shift from Leno at 11:30 to O'Brien at 12:30.

Jimmy Fallon is now set to take over Conan O'Brien's slot on Late Night. I am still extremely iffy on this choice, but was glad to hear that Fallon will be getting plenty of practice before going live.

Lorne Michaels, the shows executive producer has announced that Fallon will be taping a daily 10-15 minute performances that will air online. Michaels also adds that the clips will be posted at 12:30, so that people will start to associate that time with Fallon.

This is so interesting to me that we are in an age where producers are willing to try something out on the Internet FIRST, to see viewers reaction, before putting it on air.

What do you think? Will you watch the show?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was hard enough when Johnny Carson stepped away, but at least Jay Leno is funny. To me, Conan is just goofy, and I won't be watching him when he takes over the show.

Anonymous said...

Conan has less than a year to learn to be funny. Granted, he'll have some of the best writers in the biz to help out. I can't see him rising to the occasion and standing in the shadows of Leno, Carson, Parr and Allen.